Google Base is a “free Google service that lets you publish virtually any kind of information.” This module allows you to create a feed of your products and add to Google Base. It is not enabled by default.
- It exports all active products into the feed.
- It adds all the legal payment types to the feed.
- It skips “Configurable Products” - since the products that should be exported are child ProductVariations. (I.E. the XL Blue Fancy Shirt, not the Fancy Shirt parent)
- It adds dimensions if found.
- It automatically tries to figure out how to apply product options. For example, if you have an OptionGroup named “Size” or “Sizes”, it will automatically be applied to the GoogleBase attribute <g:size>size</g:size>. Similarly for “Color”, “Style”, etc.
- It applies the same logic to attributes. If you have an attribute, “Brand”, for example, then the feed will contain an entry for “<g:brand>brand</g:brand>”
- In either case, if it is not found in the base google tags, it will make a custom tag. For example. “<c:book_type:string>hardback</c:book_type:string>”