Satchmo 0.8 Release¶
Welcome to Satchmo 0.8. This release includes many features, enhancements and bug fixes.
Satchmo Trunk includes many new features and improvements. Some of the highlights are:
- New most popular, best sellers and recently added views
- New tiered shipping module based on quantity
- New Fedex shipping module
- New USPS shipping module
- New tiered shipping module
- New optional app “satchmo.upsell” which allows product upselling on product detail pages
- New signals in get_qty_price methods of products, allowing code to manipulate the price returned by the function. Example code using these signals is at satchmo.contrib.cartqty_discounts, which modifies the qty_discount method to calculate the discount based on the total number of items in the cart, rather than the total amount of the lineitem.
- Improved inheritance of detail_producttype.html pages, which no longer need to duplicate as much of the code of base_product.html, allowing for easier addition of features to the product detail pages.
- Migrated to newforms admin which fixed some bugs and provides a much more solid base for future changes
- Added multi-shop capability
- Multiple price tier support
- Option to require login before checkout
- Most popular, best sellers and recently added views
- The following documentation improvements were made:
- Addition of upsell documentation
- Improved dependency installation instructions
- Multiple fixes and clarifications
- Additional documentation on signals
- The following payment modules were added or updated:
- New Protx payment module
- Purchase order module
- Authorize.net supports recurring payments
- The following translations were updated or added:
This release does introduce some backwards incompatible-changes so you are encouraged to review and understand the changes listed here
To everyone in the Satchmo community for providing feedback, patches and support.